mission Muay Thai
what is Muay Thai?
Muay Thai, or Thai Boxing, is a combat sport of Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. It is the national sport of Thailand and was developed several hundred years ago as a form of close-combat that utilizes the entire body as a weapon.
Muay Thai is referred to as The Art of Eight Limbs. It uses:
AKA eight points of contact as opposed to two points of contact (fists in boxing).
Muay Thai is an excellent avenue for anyone seeking martial arts training that will increase cardiovascular conditioning, improve leg and core strength, increase hip mobility and relieve stress.
In addition to learning kickboxing techniques, you will also have the opportunity to learn ‘the clinch’, a stand-up grappling technique that’s unique to the art of Muay Thai.
Feel stronger and more confident as you condition your entire body in class through rounds of various drills. Whether you want to train to compete, get in shape or learn self-defense, this class is ‘8 limbs’ above the rest!
frequently asked questions
Shorts/sweatpants and a t-shirt (nothing with buttons or zippers). Please arrive a few minutes early as you will need to complete a waiver form before class.
- Masks are required to be worn by everyone while inside of the building.
- Temperature checks are done for all persons entering the building.
- Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the gym.
- Class sizes are limited to 10 students and students are assigned spots to encourage social distancing.
- 15-minute windows are allotted between classes to sterilize the mats and any equipment used.
- Students are given time when needed to remove their mask and get a drink or catch their breath.